With over 2,000 employees located in 30 locations across 20 states, InfraSource provides a comprehensive scope of construction and professional services to the natural gas and electric industry. Utilities and Pipeline Operators throughout North America choose InfraSource for its extensive knowledge, expansive resources, and unmatched scope of services. With legacy companies dating back to 1954, InfraSource has built its reputation as an industry leader for solutions and a premier provider of infrastructure services with a solid track record of performance, integrity, and - above all - a commitment to safety and quality.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Note: This is not a Rig position. This role is intended to work as an internal employee and to operate out of a company-provided vehicle.
- Welding in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead.
- Igniting flame or striking an arc while welding or performing other electricity-related work to weld pipe.
- Must oversee preparing and setting up necessary tools and equipment for welding job such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc or other welding equipment.
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding pipes as necessary.
- Operating other accessory equipment and performing some tasks necessary for welding metal, such as fusing plastic pipe, using gas tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, and other types of welding arcs.
- Train crew members in accordance with Company safety practices.
- Secure work site at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials.
- Ability to travel and additional duties as assigned.
- Must have experience with oxy acetylene welding.
- Must have 3+ years of field experience in pipeline utilities construction.
- Must be able to pass welding test.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Columbia Certification preferred.
- Fabrication and TD Williamson experience preferred.