Russell Standard is a leading provider of paving materials and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
Directs and controls all construction operations of the organization to ensure their completion according to plans, specifications, schedules, budgets and contractual commitments. Represents the organization in matters associated with land development, planning commissions, city and county governing bodies, and miscellaneous associations.
- Responsible for leading, managing, coordinating, and administering all construction services activities of the company from the bid stage, through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, and project close-out.
- Responsible for assisting with Business Development in expanding current work scope and geography, developing proposals and pricing strategies, preparing proposal, and execution strategies/plans. Also supports communications and presentations to customers.
- Supervises the development of budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications.
- Resolves problems and coordinates the final turnover of the project to the customer. Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high performance project team. Has overall responsibility for project execution, ensuring that projects are delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety and to Customer and Russell Standard performance expectations.
- Assists with Business Development in developing plans, estimates, proposals, and contract formulation. Reviews contract and proposal documents.
- Establishes an appropriate, integrated organizational structure. Defines and communicates roles, responsibilities and authorities to team members to ensure projects are completed in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule, and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensures objectives are defined, best practices and lessons learned reviewed, detailed work plans, schedules, budgets and procedures are established.
- Monitors and controls all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, that change orders and claims are processed in a timely manner. Implements and maintains a change order management control system. Ensures that all Customer communications are documented.
- Facilitates the development, communication, implementation, update and continual use of Project Schedules and Cost Reports. Reviews Project progress and performance, looks for early warning of deviations from schedules and cost estimates, and identifies corrective actions to be taken. Identifies quality requirements and ensures the proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality commitments. Assesses customer perception of quality on a regular periodic basis.
- Provide leadership and management
- Maintain a zero incident workplace by enforcing and following Corporate Safety requirements.
- Excellent customer relations
- Effective business development activities
- Meet backlog goals with qualified projects
- Meet profitability goals
- Effective material and equipment utilization
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
- Ensure accuracy of bids and estimates
- Training and development of staff
- Accurate and up-to-date reports and documentation
- Meet safety goals and requirements
- Effective leadership and management of staff
- Initiative and teamwork
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by President, CEO, and/or Chairman
Education: High school degree required; Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering preferred.
- 10-12 years experience in construction industry
- 5-7 years experience in asphalt industry
- 3-5 years in management and/or leadership position
- Excellent communications and public relations skills
- Knowledge of industry trends and innovations
- Accounting skills to quantify projects and then communicate results with customers
- Engineering perspective preferred
Travel: Extensive local travel required
Schedule: Flexible schedule; Ability to be on call 24/7
Russell Standard Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors and/or management as deemed appropriate. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made (as appropriate to the position and company capabilities) to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.