The Callos Companies is currently accepting resumes for a Fleet Diesel Mechanic. This position is located in Crafton, PA. This will be a Temp to Hire, Full Time position. This is a Union Environment. Must be available to work shifts/weekends. Pay will start at $22.84/hour with pension and benefits package once hired.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Use handtools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Raise trucks and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Rebuild gas or diesel engines.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Safety Oriented
- PA Class 7 Inspection License
- Current Class A CDL
- Must have 2-5 years experience on Class 8 vehicles
- Tractor/Trailer Inspections required
- Brake Certifications required
- Preventative maintenance/repair work on tractors required
- Must provide own tools; Tool Allowance Reimbursement
- Clean MVR and Background
- Must pass DOT physical and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Thermo King experience a plus
- Compressed Natural Gas of Equipment a plus
- Union environment