Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement.
This position will require travel to all job site locations, located nationally. Maintain, diagnose and repair diesel/hydraulic construction equipment. Assemble/disassemble large construction equipment on remote job sites.
- Drive and operate a 25,000# mechanic’s truck equipped with crane, welder, and compressor. Extended travel is required.
- Repair, modify, and set-up construction equipment to meet project requirements through an understanding of diesel and hydraulic mechanics, as well as on-site fabrication.
- Work with site superintendents, field forces, and other technicians to maintain, repair, rebuild and troubleshoot a wide variety of drills, cranes, pumps and other construction equipment, in a work site environment.
- Inspects, monitors, and performs maintenance on the job site equipment to head off potential problems and reports results and observations to the Equipment Manager.
- Keeps meticulous records of work performed and problems encountered using provided I-Pad and computer.
Other duties as assigned.
Education & Training:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Hydraulic and Mechanic Certification.
- Manufacturer training from Bauer, Liebherr, CAT and other foundation industry leaders is highly desired.
- Four years experience as a heavy equipment mechanic. Driver's License - Class C.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of diesel or hydraulic mechanics.
- Ability to take direction but also to work independently
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools.
- Reaching high and low, stooping, and bending, lifting/carrying/moving up to 100 pounds continually, able to travel per the company travel policy, able to concentrate at a high degree in a busy and noisy construction environment, able to work in all types of weather.
- Rational decision making ability, attention to detail, makes final decisions and assumes accountability for them; demonstrates the ability to separate the people from the problem or situation, ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibility as needed.
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Safe Harbor Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Personal days
- Sick days
Nicholson Construction Participates in E-Verify
Please be advised that all interested candidates are REQUIRED to attach a copy of your resume in order to be considered.
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Nicholson Construction encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese