Our culture is built around our people. Voted a Top Workplace in the Philadelphia region by our employees, we are committed to advancing careers and providing a foundation for professional growth. Urban offers a wide range of health, welfare and financial benefits to our employees, as well as career development through our own Urban Training Institute, tuition assistance program, and certification incentives.
Founded in 1960, Urban provides services for buildings, ports, transit, railroads, airports, bridges, and highways. We specialize in engineering design, environmental, planning, construction services, and program management. By providing innovation, technical excellence, and on-time performance, we create value for a proud Urban family.
The Task Order Manager II will be responsible for managing the day‐to‐day Task Order activities. The Task Order Manager II will be the primary point of contact to the Contracting Officer Representative and Alternate Contracting Officer Representative and, typically, the primary point of contact to the project sponsor being overseen. The Task Order Manager II will be responsible for organizing and managing task workloads within established budget and schedule guidelines. The Task Order Manager II shall be an employee of the prime contractor or, in the case of a joint venture, an employee of the managing joint venture participant. The Task Order Manager II has no restrictions on modes.
Minimum of 10 years of project experience, with 6 of the 10 related to major capital transit projects in Project Planning, Engineering and Construction of major capital projects. The Task Order Manager II has no restrictions on modes.
• Shall have a Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program or a Bachelor of Architecture from a NAAB Accredited Program OR licensure in the United States as either.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
• Required to be an employee of the Prime Contractor(s) (no subcontractors)
• The resume should highlight experience in passenger rail or related transportation modes for the eight elements shown below:
• Engineering design management
• Project planning management
• Construction management
• Public outreach management
• Federal grant management process
• Regulatory and compliance experience
• Project oversight services
• FTA’s New Starts program