- PA |
- Jobs |
- Supply Chain Analyst
Supply Chain Analyst
Auto req ID: 4229BR
Title: Supply Chain Analyst
Job Function: Materials Management
State and City: Pennsylvania, York
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
This position will…
- be responsible for supporting the execution of supply chain management activities, supply chain optimization and process improvement initiatives.
- be the primary plant interface between external suppliers, internal customers and functional peers.
establish and maintain viable relationship with suppliers based on mutual trust, respect, and fair treatment.
- drive accountability to standard metrics including quality (PPM), delivery (OTD), and shipping (ASN).
- manage tier zero suppliers as extension of H-D while holding them accountable to standard metrics.
- provide inputs to tracking and forward looking budgeting process as required for areas assigned.
- participate in strategy development/execution for Supply Chain Operations.
- manage plant-specific supply-chain management activities and special projects for suppliers, product development, and product/process areas as assigned while holding self-accountable to established objectives.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in business administration, materials management, supply-chain management, or equivalent.
Supervisory experience preferred. Master's degree in business administration or equivalent preferred.
The successful candidate will have a minimum five (5) years of demonstrated performance in technical competencies of procurement, engineering, finance, operations and/or quality. In addition they will have demonstrated the following:
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills who understands how to develop and maintain external supplier and internal customer relationships.
- Demonstrated competency in production and procurement of raw materials, MRO, capital equipment, components and systems in a manufacturing environment (automotive or motorcycle industry preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Operations and technical problem-solving concepts and techniques.
- Develop and execute all aspects of project management from initialization through completion.
- Expertise in and ability to teach others cost and financial analysis concepts.
- Demonstrated competence in computer software applications.
- Experience in conflict resolution and negotiation, with demonstrated adaptability to varied and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of employees and management.
- Travel up to 25%.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 10-25%