Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement.
Day to day management of all onsite construction activities on a given project in accordance with the contract requirements and work plan.
- Ensures that all Nicholson and OSHA safety regulations are met and enforced; bottom line responsibility for safety on site.
- Develops JSA’s, holds safety meetings and provides safety training as needed.
- Implements the construction plan and follows the budget developed by the project team.
- Hires, fires, and supervises local craft labor working as required.
- Schedules and maintains owned and rental equipment.
- Orders and schedules delivery of materials and consumables.
- Ensures that all required quality control checks are performed (including inspections).
- Supervises and mentors the Field Engineer(s) on site.
- Reviews and/or prepares all required on-site documentation.
- Attends on site meetings and coordinates site activities with the client as required.
- Ensures that the project is built to the shop drawings and specifications at the level of quality required and in accordance with the Nicholson Quality Control Manual.
- Identifies and documents additional work falling outside contract requirements.
- Prepares short term schedules and goals for the project.
Education & Training:
- High School Diploma or GED
- OSHA 30-hour Training Certification
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Minimum of 5 years of construction experience, including time spent as operator, labor foreman, or field/project engineer.
- Experience managing multiple subcontractors on larger projects.
- Experience working with state department of transportation a plus.
- Knowledge of the geotechnical techniques that Nicholson performs.
- Proven ability to run a work crew.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, Heavy Job).
- Capable of reading and understanding drawings and specifications.
- Capable of developing actions lists and bar chart schedules.
- Working knowledge of applicable OSHA and Nicholson safety rules.
- Basic mechanical and maintenance skills related to Nicholson equipment.
- Knowledge of geotechnical techniques that Nicholson performs.
- Capable of setting up and stressing anchors.
- Capable of setting up and performing pile load tests.
- Capable of performing all quality control checks.
- Proven ability to run a work crew.
- Knowledge of union agreements (if applicable).
- Reaching high and low, stooping, and bending continually.
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds continually.
- Travel per the company travel policy, often overnight and away from home
- Able to concentrate at a high degree in a busy and noisy construction environment.
- Able to work in all types of weather.
- Converse effectively using both verbal and written communication.
- Make decisions and assume accountability
- Concentrate on tasks
- Demonstrate ability to manage stress and emotions as related to the workplace
- Attention to detail
- Identify and resolve conflict
- Assess safety and risk
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibility as needed.
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Safe Harbor Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Personal days
- Sick days
Nicholson Construction participates in E-Verify
Please be advised that all interested candidates are REQUIRED to attach a copy of your resume in order to be considered.
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Nicholson Construction encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese