Sr Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Requisition #: 221688
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Six years prior Heavy Equipment diesel maintenance experience.
- Preferred: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)
- RCRA / HAZWOPER Training:
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
- Standard Division Practices (per department) (SDP?s)
- Refresher Training As Required By Law
- Medical Exam
- Pre Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit Test annual
- Physical at Termination
- Respirators ? Full face OV/AG or half face with face shield
- Full face supplied air in some arrears
- Suit ? Appropriate Barrier Suite: Liquid ? yellow Tyvek with sleeves, apron, booties Solid ? white tyvek
- Gloves ? appropriate to hazards present ? PVC over Nitrile or Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work (when handling equipment or containers)
- Overshoes ? Vinyl Booties ? Waterproof Boots ? Chemical Resistant Boots
- Safety glasses
- Hard Hats
- Shoes Steel Toe
- Valid driver?s license,
- 3 or more ASE Certifications, or equivalent, must be completed within 18 months of becoming a Senior Technician.
- Within three years a total of 7 A.S.E. Certifications, or equivalent, must be completed.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment,
- Skill in repair of special purpose equipment,
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks,
- Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles,
- Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program,
- Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, etc) rarely; frequently
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely; frequently
- Normal setting for this job is: Heavy Equipment maintenance shop / Hazardous Waste Landfill; repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for "Apply Now."
I thought you might be interested in this new job opportunity. By clicking any of the buttons or links within this email you can view the job details, apply, sign-up to receive career updates, and share with your connections. We look forward to hearing from you.
You also have the option to start the application over the phone by calling 877-220-5627. When asked for a media code, please use J0W. You can call us any day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. CST.Please if you know someone who is seeking employment opportunities, forward this to them.
Direct Application Link :