“To expand and grow the 1st Choice Integrated Building Systems Firm in the United States of America.”
The incumbent manages and operates the Special Projects Department (SPD) in accordance with annual operating and growth objectives. Markets served may include healthcare, higher education, K-12, commercial, retail, pharmaceutical, government, and/or industrial.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes responsibility for achievement of the department’s annual sales and operating income goals.
- Prospects and establishes new customers by promoting the key capabilities of the Company.
- Partners with Limbach Engineering & Design Services (LEDS) to perform reviews for value engineering opportunities and develop complete scopes for design-assist or design-build opportunities.
- Provides input on prospective new work and collaborates on cost estimates for selected projects.
- Writes bid scope proposals, obtains bid bonds/insurance certificates, and completes customer bid forms.
- Reviews bid documents, performs material, labor, and equipment take-offs for trades as required.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and project walk throughs to gather information pertinent to site conditions.
- Contacts customers/contractors during the bid process to obtain a commitment to perform proposed work.
- Executes new contract implementation with customers the goal of securing repeat, future business.
- Tracks and analyzes the department’s accurate job cost, monthly forecasts, billings, and cash collections.
- Assembles all necessary documents, estimated information, and calculations into final bids.
- Conducts a thorough bid review with peers/management prior to the submission of the project proposal.
- Submits project proposals and participates in proposal presentations on an as-needed basis.
- Attends scope review meetings, and offers value engineering and breakout pricing, as needed.
- Breaks down cost estimates into manageable, measurable segments that allow for accurate cost projections for the lifecycle of a given project.
- Trains, develops, and provides feedback to direct reports to facilitate successful attainment of team objectives and adherence to the Required Project Standards (RPS) of the Company.
- Executes HR-related decisions (promotions, salary adjustments, corrective actions, etc.) for direct reports.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (We Care, We Strive for for Excellence, We Act with Integrity, We are Innovative, We are Competitive, and We are Accountable).
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets.
- Work tasks may occasionally necessitate travel to local job sites, which means intermittent exposure to the conditions typically associated with a construction site.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to walk, talk, stand, hear, perform repetitive motion, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a sedentary work position, which means possible exertion up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This position may require up to 50% local travel to meet customers, attend meetings, entertain, etc.
- 5-10 years of hands-on, industry-specific experience.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in effective collaboration and communication (both written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel in particular).
- Capacity to leverage interpersonal skills to develop and enhance business relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree [in a construction-related field] or equivalent.
- Extensive HVAC or plumbing background.
- Previous experience with CAD and/or project management software.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a part of our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we also take affirmative action to recruit, hire, and advance qualified females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.