Miller Brother Staffing is looking for quality landscapers with snow removal experience for a company based in Crawford County. Pay is based on experience.
- VALID DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIRED
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, or other grounds features.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Tools & Technology
- Tools used:
- Cultivators - Soil pulverizers; Tillers
- Draglines - Drag brooms; Drag leveling bars; Plow pan spikers; X-drags
- Fertilizer spreaders or distributors - Fertilizer spreaders; Hand spreaders; Salt spreaders
- Graders or land levelers - Land levelers; Land planes; Landscape rakes; Power rakes
- Lawnmowers - Flail mowers; Hydrostatic mowers; Manual mowers; Riding mowers
- Rakes - Arena rakes; Artificial turf groomers; Iron rakes; Turf sweepers
- Shovels - Dirt shovels; Snow shovels; Sod lifters
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Multilimb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Control Precision - The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Self Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.