Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement. We are seeking an experiences mechanic at our shop in Cuddy, PA.
- Maintain and repair construction equipment, diagnose/repair diesel engine and hydraulic system problems, and load/unload trucks of construction equipment.
- Repair and set-up construction equipment to prepare for projects.
- Modify equipment to meet project requirements through an understanding of diesel and hydraulic mechanics.
- Work with equipment maintenance foreman and other technicians to design and build new and/or to improve construction equipment.
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Notifies maintenance department or supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Training:
- High School diploma or GED with a Hydraulic and Mechanic Certification.
- Four years’ experience as a heavy equipment mechanic. Driver's License - Class A or B.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of diesel and/or hydraulic mechanics.
- Ability to take direction but also to work independently
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools.
- Reaching high and low, stooping, and bending, lifting/carrying/moving up to 100 pounds continually, able to travel per the company travel policy, able to concentrate at a high degree in a busy and noisy construction environment, able to work in all types of weather
- Rational decision making ability, attention to detail, makes final decisions and assumes accountability for them; demonstrates the ability to separate the people from the problem or situation, ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibility as needed.
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Safe Harbor Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Personal days
- Sick days
Please be advised that all interested candidates are REQUIRED to attach a copy of your resume in order to be considered.