R&D Heating and Cooling located in Kennett Square Pennsylvania is seeking experienced Sheet Metal Workers that are true masters of the trade. With over 30 years in operations, R&D Heating and Cooling is aggressively expanding its services throughout PA, DE, and NJ. We have immediate openings for a qualified Sheet Metal Workers. Other companies may offer a position; we are offering a career with continual education and advancement opportunities.
- Select appropriate type of sheet metal, such galvanized iron, copper, steel, aluminum
- Measure appropriate size of sheet metal.
- Cut sheet metal by hand or using power shears.
- Uses hand and power tools to shape and smooth metal and to blend seams.
- Cut into shapes to be used in heating and air conditioning ducts.
- Follows blueprints, rough sketches or engineer drawings to shape metal accurately
- Bend sheet metal to form shapes.
- Weld, solder, or rivet ducts together.
- Work with work with fiberglass, plastics, and other nonmetallic materials.
- Operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls to cut bend, block and form or straighten materials.
- Use scribers, dividers, and squares to mark dimensions on materials.
- Operate computer aided drafting (CAD) equipment to develop scale drawings of products or systems.
- Operate laser beam cutter to cut patterns.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Coordinate schedules.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Computer Skills: The position requires basic computer skills to operate cad-assisted design (CAD) software as well as customer relationship management (CRM) system for work documentation and billing.
- Customer Service: The position requires high level customer services skills in order to interact with clients to identify needs and process job orders.
- Dexterity: The position requires a high level of dexterity in order to operate machinery and construction of sheet metal components.
- Mechanical Skills: Sheet metal workers use a wide-range of hand tools and equipment during fabrication and construction.
- Prior sheet metal fabrication or installation experience preferred but not required.
- Up to $30,000.00 per year commensurate with experience.
- Paid Holidays plus vacation
- Paid training
- Health Insurance