We are currently seeking a Shareholder Relations Specialist
- Record LIBOR rates daily and provide report to Accounting on a monthly basis
- Provide assistance to Accounting on the borrowing and debt reduction of bank loans
- Maintain database which supports all Subs S reporting, shares per day tracking, 1099 B reporting, dividend and tax distribution payments, vendor codes, certificate registration, and address labels.
- Process dividend payments approved by Board to include mailing statements and checks.
- Interface with shareholders’ attorneys and/or tax advisors concerning purchases, sales, transfers to individuals and trusts (existing and new).
- Interface with outside tax counsel (PWC) concerning review of all new trust documents and the preparation of ESBT or QSST election forms for filing with IRS.
- Prepare required Stock Restriction Agreements, Composite Election forms, Electronic Transfer forms for all new Shareholder accounts.
- Process shareholder requests for sales, purchases and gifting of corporate stock.
- Maintain share ledger, issue stock certificates, maintain monthly transaction reports, and prepare check or wiring requests.
- Interface with IT, Accounts Payable, Tax Department concerning quarterly tax distributions and dividend payments.
- Process monthly purchase of shares owned by the Asplundh ESOP and annual sales of shares to the ESOP. Maintain report of all transactions.
- Assist Treasurer the Annual Shareholder Meeting.
- Prepare and mail all required notices and proxies to shareholders, record proxy votes, and serve as Judge of Election at shareholders’ meeting. Notify shareholders of change in stock valuation following meeting. Mail Annual Report to shareholders.
- Research stock basis and other stock history on request.
- Responsible for the annual mailing of questionnaire to all grantor trust shareholders. Review questionnaire returns and interact with PWC on responses.
- Maintain record of all stock transactions for auditors to include signed trust documents and supporting documents.
- Provide stock verification letters as requested by shareholder.
- Coordinate with the bank the required documents relating to stock pledged by shareholders.
- Responsible for all financial handling for the Company Foundation and Political Action Committee
- Interact with executive management on highly confidential matters
- Distribute monthly retiree expenses and sponsor advance/crew reports
- Assist with annual bonus payments as needed
- Process death claims of corporate owned policies
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related-field and/or three plus year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Must have a professional demeanor handling highly-confidential information
- Must demonstrates attention to detail
- Must be able to communicates changes and progress
- Must provide excellent customer service to shareholders
- Must write clearly and effectively. Presents numerical data effectively
- Must exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Access and Excel
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the Corporate EEO Officer at 1-800-248-8733.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.