Alyan Pump, a PumpMan Holdings company is a leading provider of custom pump packages, pump system installations, maintenance and repair services for the mid-Atlantic region of the US. During our 60 plus years in business, Alyan Pump has developed a complete line of pre-engineered packaged systems for condensate return systems, boiler feed units, constant speed pressure boosters, circulator pump sets, variable speed pumping packages, fuel oil modules, heat transfer systems, and specialty packaged pumping systems, as well as column and submersible sump and sewage packages.
Come and Grow with a Leader in the Industry… Alyan Pump has an exciting opportunity for Service Technicians, the backbone of our business, to continue to grow our market share. This person thinks logically and enjoys solving problems with creativity, diligence and achievement. Alyan offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
- Troubleshoot and repair all types of centrifugal pumps-domestic water, HVAC pumps (tower cooling & chilled water), submersible, column, and sump/sewage.
- Under general supervision, inspects, modifies, maintains, repairs, and installs pumps, electric motors, valves, and related mechanical equipment for water and wastewater systems throughout Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs.
- Troubleshoot and repair pressure reducing valves (Cla-Vals) associated with domestic water booster systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair sewage ejector pumps, pump controls and systems.
- Perform diagnostics/estimates, takes down information at the customers site for needed repairs or replacements of pumps and related equipment, takes pictures of site, equipment and access to provide an accurate estimate for needed work and or assist with preparation of an estimate working together with the estimating department.
- Troubleshoot and repair common electrical issues such as three phase and single phase electrical system, including capacitors and start relays.
- Troubleshoot and repair variable frequency drives (VFD) for electric motors, programmable logic controllers (PLC) pump controls.
- Responds to emergency situations as necessary during normal working hours and when scheduled to be on call for 24-hour emergency service.
- Planned Maintenances - Performs Planned Maintenances as required. Inspects pump systems and related equipment and makes recommendations for repairs, replacements, or calibrations as needed.
- Follows all electrical safety rules and Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
- Maintains service truck tools, safety equipment, instruments, and materials, specific to pump, motor, and equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Maintains required stock of pumps, parts, fittings, pipe and related material on the service truck.
- Reviews job related pictures, work sheet and material lists before leaving for job. Allows for changes or additional material that may be required.
- Operates a variety of equipment and hand and power tools as needed to construct, repair, and maintain mechanical equipment. Maintains and cares for all equipment and tools in his/her care and use. Performs cleaning, lubricating of tools as required.
- Performs duties in a professional manner and works well with others or in a team setting.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with co-workers, outside agencies, and the public.
- Regular attendance and adherence to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
- Observes safe work practices and safety methods; performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School or Trade School Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years Plumbing and Electric background
- Experienced in all facets of the plumbing trade, including: registered plumbing license and knowledge of local plumbing codes.
- Experience in soldering, brazing and welding steel and stainless steel.
- Perform varied mechanical maintenance and repair work.
- Diagnose problems and determine appropriate action.
- Read, interpret, and work from sketches, books, blueprints, and specifications.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 100 pounds.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Candidates must pass background and drug test.
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Steady work schedule
Headquartered in Saddle Brook, NJ, PumpMan, a portfolio company of Soundcore Capital Partners a highly successful pump maintenance, service and repair company with aspirations of becoming a national leader in the space through acquisitions. To-date PumpMan has acquired companies in Northern California, Southern California, Pittsburgh, PA, Philadelphia, PA and New York City.