R&D Heating and Cooling is located in Kennett Square Pennsylvania is seeking experienced HVAC Techs that are true masters of the trade. With over 30 years in operations, R&D Heating and Cooling is aggressively expanding its services throughout PA, DE, and NJ. We have an immediate opening for a qualified HVAC Technicians capable of servicing a variety of heating and air conditioning systems. Other companies may offer a position; we are offering a career with continual education and advancement opportunities.
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers.
- Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting monthly vehicle inspection form. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Maintain and submit monthly mileage log forms.
- Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoice at job site. Electronically process credit card payments. Obtain customer signature at completion of job. Obtain correct customer information including email address.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is need to correct.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to appropriate staff potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Valid social security number
- Must be able to pass drug test(s) as required by company
- Lift up to 50 pounds; be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with
additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights,
work in small crawl spaces.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules
- Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- EPA Certification
- Refrigerant Certification
- Up to $60,000.00 per year commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Cell Phone & Tablet
- Tool Purchase Program