Russell Standard is a leading provider of paving materials and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
- Competitive wages and salaries
- Company partially paid employee coverage of: medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, disability and AD&D
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation (full-time, non-seasonal employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching grant program
- Training and development opportunity
Summary of Position
The SR Payroll Representative is responsible to work in conjunction with our payroll coordinator to provide full support in processing both the weekly, bi-weekly and monthly, multi-state payrolls for non-unionized hourly and exempt employees. They interpret and prepare payroll time and adjustment transactions and upload/input data into the payroll systems. They reconcile the payroll output for processing, maintain payroll records and reports, and handle inquiries from employees/departments regarding paycheck problems using various payroll reports and on-line system inquiry functions.
The incumbent will be accountable for all functions of this payroll process and will require knowledge of prevailing wage and certified payroll, and Supplemental unemployment plan.
- Proactively identifies and pursues areas for improvement in the payroll department
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and department heads to implement effective solutions, and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Provides support to other Payroll Specialists as they manage inquiries and issue resolution
- Researches, analyzes and resolves payroll-related problems or questions
- Processes employee data as needed to support the payroll function (new hires, deductions, earnings, off-cycle payments, etc.)
- Coordinates with HR and other departments regarding system updates in Viewpoint, and Paychex
- Develops ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Demonstrates an interest in maintaining current knowledge in all relevant areas of payroll administration
- Maintains high level of confidentiality with all payroll and other employee and company information
- Timesheet entry – various payroll groups, salary foremen
- Process all weekly and bi-weekly payroll within time and attendance system (Viewpoint by Vista) upload all time and attending into payroll system (Paychex) for final payroll process
- Prevailing wage reporting and payments
- Set up new tax jurisdictions as needed
- Oversee and manage Paychex processing of 941 and 940 Tax Returns, State W-3, SUTA, EUC, Local Tax Returns State, Federal and Local Tax Returns, Child Support, and garnishments by complete monthly tax audits for accuracy and proper payments
- Oversee and ensure year-end processes such as W-2s are posted/distributed accurately and on time through the payroll system (paychex)
- Research and resolve discrepancies. Suggest and implement corrective measures and controls to prevent future occurrences
- Oversee and ensure the process of 401(k) through Paychex is withheld correctly (including loans) weekly, conduct weekly and yearly audit
- Lead role during audits and agency inquiries – provide additional information as needed
- Employment verifications
- Ensure Paychex is processing Unemployment responses
- Journal entries – entry to move PR wages, benefits, taxes and WC
- Prepare accrual numbers for Accounting Manager
- Balancing various intercompany accounts
- General ledger transactions – update payroll general ledger accounts and accounts reconciliations
- Assist with other accounting and HR functions as needed
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Associates degree in accounting, finance or related major, highly desired.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of payroll administration experience
- Knowledge with related systems Viewpoint, Paychex a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Products, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Detailed oriented, organized and accurate
- Ability to quickly learn and retain new PC skills
- Strong typing abilities.
- Able to use PC, calculator, and office equipment
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Russell Standard Corporation and employee and is subject to change by the Company management as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position change.