DWK Life Sciences (DURAN WHEATON KIMBLE) was created as a result of the merger of three industry leaders and provides the world’s laboratories and production environments with the most comprehensive range of labware for scientific research and technical applications as well as solutions for storage and packaging. We manufacture a full range of precision glassware and specialty products for life sciences. We also offer products and services (vials, ampules, stoppers, septa, seals, caps, bottles, tubes, flasks, and value added services) to customers seeking packaging solutions.
Company revenue is generated through our primary channels; (i) Global distributors, (ii) National Distributors, (iii) Direct Field selling efforts and (iv) Inside Sales selling efforts (v) Global web.
DWK Life Sciences supports four primary market segments; (i) Life Science Research, (ii) Life Science Production & Packaging, (iii) Industrial & Applied Science, and (iv) Clinical – Healthcare.
- 401(k) with a 75% match of your first 8% deferred
- An additional 3% employer contribution each pay period
- Medical (including prescriptions), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term disability
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays
This position manages a team of field based Sales Reps with the vision of DWK products in every laboratory. This will be achieved through the effective development, support and growth of distributor relationships as well as established end user relationships.
The position has direct responsibility for a team of 6-8 field based sales representatives.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the development, strategic alignment and results of a high performing sales organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provide leadership to sales representatives. The intent and goal of this position is to coach & mentor the selling team. The overriding objective will be to drive top line revenue and maintain / improve gross margin to help the overall business meet its financial goals. This will include evaluating and proposing the most effective strategies to grow revenue within the region. Monitor, direct and reinforce company policies and initiatives throughout the region.
More specifically, the goals and activities will include:
- Strategy: Reinforce a strong unified sales team to enable DWK to meet its financial goals by staying on strategy as defined by the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Business acumen: Focus on key accounts, target accounts and utilize a strong time and territory plan. Work with sales and marketing teams to establish specific account goals and objectives.
- Sales associate development: Evaluate all team members for strengths and weaknesses, and then build upon strengths and address the weaknesses with training, as necessary and appropriate. Strive for a high performance / productive sales team and seek opportunities to upgrade the sales organization.
- Influence without authority: Establish strong business relationships with channel partners, key distributor management and top tier end-users. Continue to build relationships with internal DWK
- Sales revenue and profitability: Work with sales and marketing to establish annual plans and strategies. This will include monitoring and reviewing the opportunity pipeline through our CRM and
- managing the sales force to use this system effectively and diligently. Manage pricing, quotations and expenses toward company profitability goals.
- Competition: Continually conduct and evaluate SWOT analysis with sales and marketing management to gain pertinent knowledge of competition and seek competitive advantages.
- Leadership: Guide the sales team with strong leadership, cascading knowledge and experiences. Work extensively with sales and marketing management, and provide strategic feedback to management on all aspects of distribution sales.
- Business analytics: Base strategies and decisions on data. Build metric driven dashboards and align company goals with defined metrics within the regions. Manage the sales team to the targeted metrics and provide monthly updates outbound to the team and inbound to the business leadership team.
- Work with each Sales Representative 2-3 times a quarter as well as travel for company and channel meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand the DWK Quality Policy and relevant Quality Objectives.
- Recognize his/her contribution to the effectiveness of the OPS including the benefits of improved performance.
- Comprehend the impact or effect of not conforming with OPS.
- Observe all safety precautions, rules and regulations. Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures. Maintains work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 5+ years of experience in sales; experience in scientific / laboratory sales
- Solid business and / or science acumen.
- Proven skills in data analytics and using metrics to drive performance.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Learning agility and the ability to manage change.
- The ability to influence without authority.
- Strong self-motivation and superior resiliency.
- A robust sense of ethics and a commitment to treating people with respect.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Exposure to and an understanding of internal operations or marketing.
- Distribution channel management experience.
- Knowledge of laboratory distribution concepts and selling expertise as well as knowledge of selling to diagnostic kitting and packaging companies with a good understanding of applications and markets.
- Understanding of the scientific / laboratory products industry as well diagnostics, specialty packaging and production oriented industries.
Work Environment / Conditions / Physical Demands
- Travel up to 40%
- Heavy lifting up to 20 lbs
Work will take place in an office environment. Employee may be required to work weekends, holidays and be on-call on occasion. The employee may encounter controlled air conditions with frequent air changes, environmental exposure. Travel occasionally; both domestic and international.
These are considered essential duties and are illustrative of those job tasks, which are fundamental. Employees may be required to perform additional related duties as may be assigned by management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.