The Machining Quality Inspector is responsible for the quality inspection of all aluminum extrusions processed by the machining department. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all parts/pieces are inspected prior to loading onto the CNC machines and post-machining in order guarantee that all parts/pieces are machined according to job specifications and drawings.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Inspect aluminum extrusions prior to loading into CNC Machine for appropriate specifications as dictated by AutoCAD inventor file.
• Familiarity with all mechanical parts and sub-assemblies.
• Perform in process inspection as required to adhere to specifications and procedures.
• Assist with the training of employees on use and ensure conformity to specified inspection intervals.
• Work with the quality manager to help problem solve and work on prevention methods as needed.
• Assist in the performance and development of corrective actions as needed.
• Conduct final inspection of machined pieces to confirm all operations have been completed to job specification.
• Note any deviations and coordinate with the project managers.
• Ensure accurate counts of parts.
• Work with the quality manager to maintain and enhance batch control, lot traceability and employee accountability.
• Investigate any quality issues to determine the root cause and communicate the root cause back to project managers and appropriate floor personnel.
• Maintain various inspection fixtures, gages, and measuring devices so appropriate measurements are made.
• Calibration of any necessary equipment.
• Replacement of necessary equipment as needed
• Must have a working knowledge of mathematics (decimals, fractions, and geometry) and the ability to read and understand and follow instructions.
• Attention to detail, manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude are required as well as ability to multi-task.
• Familiarity with computers; ability to retrieve information and navigate through systems, knowledge of Excel program
• Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities as required by production demands. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
Experience & Requirements:
• 5-7 years’ experience in quality in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with break metal inspection
• Knowledge of curtainwall assemblies is a plus
• Experience working with dimensional tolerances
• Familiarity with CNC machines
• Familiarity with CMM is a plus
• Work involves regular standing and walking, bending and reaching.
• Use safety equipment such as gloves, aprons, hoods, ear protection, and goggles.
• Lift/carry up to 40lbs with or without assistance.
• Must have at least a high school diploma or GED