Russell Standard is a leading provider of paving materials and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
Summary of Position
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the plants quality systems to ensure compliance to regulatory, federal and local laws. This includes the identification and achievement of facility Quality KPI's through appropriate corrective/preventive actions and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Actively engaged support in planning, defining and directing the laboratories site auditing control program to ensure compliance to all procedures, and policies, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards, company requirements, and regulatory, federal and local laws.
- Participate in the Quality Russell Standard Process (QRSP) audit and assist with the development of procedures and follow up on corrective actions as assigned.
- Support the QRSP system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list.
- Trains, mentors and leads site QA and Production team to insure program goals are met. Strong support to site QCMS Coordinator. Monitors and maintains plant QCMS/QRSP program by complying with current company standards.
- Facilitate and co-lead site cross functional QCMS/QRMP Team and participate with company corporate to insure successful certification for site.
- Annually verifies all Hygiene plans or when required due to project changes.
- Ensure all Specification/KPI/QCMS/QRSP/ASTM/AASHTO/AMRL/ plans are maintained and updated/approved as required. .
- Support all internal and external inspections/regulatory visits. Support audit preparation activities, accompany Technical Manager, and complete necessary reports and postings.
- Perform follow-ups to non-conformances found and provide responses as appropriate. Review and approve minor change requests.
- Train site on proper procedure practices. Assist in insuring facility is inspection ready at all times. Provide Quality/Sanitation support.
- Takes appropriate steps to assure successful project startups.
- Acts as Distribution Quality contact.
- Supports and follows proper plant safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Hold/Release documentation
- Responsible for maintaining/validation/continuous improvement of all laboratory testing and equipment.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or equivalent degree, preferred.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a quality and/or technical leadership role or minimum 2 years of experience in operations/quality/technical (R/D). Prefer experience in asphalt industry, but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to use Viewpoint or similar accounting system
- Detailed oriented, organized and accurate
Successful candidates must possess a positive focus toward solutions with emphasis on preventative pro-active measures and team-building.
Must be able to work shifts, weekends, and all required overtime. Prompt and regular attendance.
- Competitive wages and salaries
- Company partially paid employee coverage of: medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, disability and AD&D
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation (full-time, non-seasonal employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching grant program
- Training and development opportunity
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Russell Standard Corporation and employee and is subject to change by the Company management as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position change.