Brandywine Realty Trust (NYSE: BDN) is one of the largest, publicly traded, full-service, integrated real estate companies in the nation. Organized as a real estate investment trust (REIT), Brandywine owns, leases and manages an urban, town center and suburban office portfolio. Our mission is to design, create and maintain exceptional working environments for our clients, tenants, and employees that reflect our high standards and uncompromising commitment to excellence. Our employees are our greatest asset, as it is their commitment to exceptionalism that is the key to our success.
Brandywine Realty Trust, a premier commercial Class A full service real estate company with operations nationwide, has an immediate opening for a full-time Property Manager based in Philadelphia, PA. The role has the primary responsibility of managing commercial real estate properties and producing/distributing the required paperwork by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Overall property management of assigned properties.
- Interface with owners, lender, tenants, vendors and others involved in building issues.
- Interact and develop trust-based relationships with tenants on a regular basis via phone, in-person and e-mail.
- Communicate regarding service requests/issues and operating expense billings
- Plan and implement tenant retention promotional programs and maintain good tenant relations.
- Coordinate all property activities and tenant information with the leasing department.
- Prepare budgets; review and analyze cash flows; manage accounts payable and receivable; and administer capital projects.
- Direct and supervise maintenance employees of assigned properties. Routinely inspect, tour and report on all building maintenance activities.
- Oversee contractors and vendors performing maintenance and construction work on buildings
- Develop bids and administer all contract services.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all life/safety systems and security issues at properties
- Take responsibility for development, implementation and responses on emergency events and procedures at properties.
- Administer all insurance claims, including the completion of incident reports as required.
- Interface with telecommunications vendors and corporate designated manager as required for specific buildings.
- Conduct tenant move-in and move-out inspections.
- Coordinate and negotiate the execution of various legal documents, including service agreements, easement agreements, estoppels and other related legal items.
- Maintain and verify rent rolls; oversee maintenance of building and operational files.
- Prepare monthly reports as required.
- Serve as point person for special projects as directed from regional vice presidents, senior property managers, regional property managers and corporate officers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial real estate property management preferred.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to use and learn computer software packages as required.
- Current, valid driver's license and personal automobile insurance required.
- State real estate license required for the state which employee works in.
- If not holding RPA or CPM certification, work towards obtaining RPA or CPM certification, as required by supervisors.
Brandywine Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to maintaining a safe, healthful and efficient environment that enhances the welfare of our employees. Use of illegal drugs and/or any substances that impair or are likely to impair an employee's ability to perform his or her job is strictly prohibited. If offered the position, we conduct full criminal and credit background checks prior to the start of employment.
Building the Foundation for your Success means:
- Hiring diversely-talented people to meet company-wide needs Training and coaching Brandywine employees to provide 'Best of Class' services
- Motivating employees through empowerment, respect, challenging work and providing timely performance feedback
- Recognizing individuals who exemplify 'Best of Class' Rewarding employees with competitive compensation and benefits and non-monetary rewards
- Promoting and mentoring employees to further standards of excellence and achieve corporate growth with a history of promoting from within
- Retaining employees who are committed to adding value to our organization
More reasons to work at Brandywine include:
- Nationally recognized as one of the top REIT's in the country with an excellent reputation in the industry for delivering prime office space and quality service
- State of the art development projects and award winning architecture
- Dynamic leadership that is highly respected in the industry; founding CEO since 1986 Proven history of growth and continuous plans for growth
At Brandywine, we recognize that employee welfare is essential to our ability to achieve our business objectives. Brandywine benefits are part of our competitive strategy of recognizing our employees' commitment to achievement. Our 'Best of Class' benefits include:
- Health care coverage for employees including spouse/domestic partner and dependent children (Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision)
- Reimbursement Accounts for Health, Dependent Care and Public Transportation
- Paid Holidays, Personal and Sick days
- Paid Vacation time
- Flex time including Summer hours
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and accident insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Legal assistance program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Military leave with pay for training or reserve duty
- Tuition reimbursement
- Matching charitable gift program
- Days of Caring – Community Service
- Business casual environment in Corporate and Property Management Offices