Our culture is built around our people. Voted a Top Workplace in the Philadelphia region by our employees, we are committed to advancing careers and providing a foundation for professional growth. Urban offers a wide range of health, welfare and financial benefits to our employees, as well as career development through our own Urban Training Institute, tuition assistance program, and certification incentives.
Founded in 1960, Urban provides services for buildings, ports, transit, railroads, airports, bridges, and highways. We specialize in engineering design, environmental, planning, construction services, and program management. By providing innovation, technical excellence, and on-time performance, we create value for a proud Urban family.
The Program Manager will be responsible for creating the business environment or ensure timely and high-quality services are provided and all terms and conditions of contract are met. The individual will be responsible for leading the overall PMO program for the Contractor, organizing and managing task workloads within established budget and schedule guidelines, and providing management of the overall activities and staff of the PMO program. The Program Manager will also establish budgets, forecasts, manpower estimates, equipment and supply needs along with being responsible for overall performance within budgetary and schedule guidelines. The Program Manager shall be the Contractor’s primary point of contact in all base contract-level dealings with the Government. The Program Manager shall be an employee of the prime contractor or, in the case of a joint venture, an employee of the managing joint venture participant.
Minimum of 10 years of management experience in Project Planning, Engineering and Construction of major capital projects, with at least 5 of the 10 years in project management oversight in passenger rail or related modes.
• Shall have a Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program or a Bachelor of Architecture from a AAB Accredited Program OR licensure in the United States as either.
• Program (PgMP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
• Required to be an employee of the Prime Contractor(s) (no subcontractors)
• The resume should highlight experience in passenger rail or related transportation modes for the eight management elements shown below:
• Engineering design
• Project planning
• Public outreach
• Federal grant process
• Regulatory and compliance experience
• Project oversight services
• FTA’s New Starts program