Mauser USA LLC
Production Manager – North Wales, PA
We are an international company and we have an opportunity for a Production/Plant Manager to run a small blow molding bottle operation in North Wales, PA. Given the small size and limited product line in this facility, this is an ideal opportunity for a high level production supervisor or production manager who would like to take responsibility for their own stand alone plant.
The Manager will be responsible for leading the safety, quality, manufacturing and maintenance operations throughout the facility. The plant is in need of a manager with technical & quality systems competence to over see the areas of customer service (particularly around quality), lean-manufacturing / housekeeping standards, employee engagement and financial performance. A strong safety orientation – our first priority – is a requirement for this position.
The Manager should have significant technical knowledge and experience in plastic blow molding operations while demonstrating the ability to learn about financial improvements in a manufacturing facility. Manufacturer prides itself on achieving strong financial performance for its stakeholders while maintaining a cost-conscious mentality, therefore comfort and experience in a similar environment is preferred.
Main Position Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and implements the necessary controls and measurements to ensure the efficient, cost effective manufacturing operations that obtain objectives in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Works with senior management to develop the operating budget, measures results vs. plan and develops actions to correct any gaps or deficiencies.
- Reviews plant results both with division and corporate leadership as well as plant-based personnel.
- Ensures quality standards are met through testing products as necessary, identifying root cause for any defects and implementing action plans to remove manufacturing deficiencies
- Customer-service focused including on-time-delivery, personal involvement in any quality issues, etc.
- Continually challenges the organization to review waste, reduce costs and improve productivity
- Champion employee engagement to drive improvements in safety performance, plant housekeeping, training and retention
Key Attributes / Behaviors
- 8+ years of supervisory / production management
- Hands-on experience in a plastic blow molding operation – particularly with large products. Experience in engineering also helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (i.e. engineering) preferred
- Understanding of basic financial and operational performance data required
- Experience in implementing elements of lean manufacturing with demonstrated & sustained results
- Energetic with the ability to inspire a sense of urgency in others
- Demonstrated ability to develop and promote subordinates
- Experience in establishing and maintaining a disciplined manufacturing operation with a focus on delivering consistent results with a respect for the individual employee
- Hands on experience in a small operation with a high comfort level in having multi-task responsibilities
- Understanding of plastic composition, molds, blow molding processes and set up reduction techniques.