A-Lert Construction Services, a division of Centurion Industries, Inc., provides heavy industrial construction, maintenance, fabrication and repair services throughout the U.S. in such diverse processing industries as corn and oilseeds, food, meat, chemical, energy cogeneration and biofuels, wood pulp/paper/fiber products, and more. With over 800 employees and eight offices in six states, A-Lert stands ready to serve the needs of industrial clients throughout the U.S.
At A-Lert, we believe our employees are our greatest business asset, and we work hard to help them develop to be their best, to recognize them for their talents, and to provide opportunities to advance their construction career.
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems, on basis of knowledge of system operation and study of building plans or working drawings.
Primary Job Duties
- Work within precise standards of accuracy
- Rate information using standards which can be measured or checked
- Compare and see differences in size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and understand how they would look as solid objects
- Follow oral and written directions, plans, and bluprints.
- See well (either naturally or with correction)
- Coordinate the movements of eyes, hands and fingers
- Use hands, arms, and fingers fully
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolding
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Work at heights as required
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds
- Must be journeyman-level pipefitter or pipefitter (or journeyman training in progress)
- Successfully pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Criminal Background, Physical Exam, Customer Security Check, E-Verify, Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable), other assessments (if applicable)
- Attendance – Must be available when scheduled for work
- Must be able to use time effectively and productively
- Must perform quality, accurate, complete, well-organized, concise, analytical and well-articulated work
- Must be able to communicate, understand and follow directions
Pay & Benefits
- Comprehensive Group Medical, Rx, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Paid Life/AD&D
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Healthcare & Dependent Care Pre-Tax Spending Plans
- Years of Service Awards