Brubacher is a site contractor serving the residential, industrial, commercial, utility and energy construction markets with an uncommonly refreshing approach to people, projects and solutions. At the heart of our company are hundreds of team members whose character, competence and consistency fulfill our mission of sharing insight, reducing stress and managing risk for our clients. Bring true value to your career – Join Brubacher today!
Responsible for laying pipe for sanitary storm sewers, gas utilities, and water mains. Responsible for setting up the lasers, helping the Pipe Supervisor plan out the jobs by reviewing blue prints, positions, and directing the Pipe Laborer on cutting and fusing pipe.
- Understands trench safety requirements, soil types and use of protective systems
- Regularly uses a shovel, digging iron, cut-off saw and tamper
- Maintains depth by checking the laser beam or grade stakes and communicating with the operator
- Sets up the pipe laser and periodically ensures that trenches are at the proper grade by frequently checking the pipe laser or grade stakes
- Communicates with the operator about the alignment of the pipe by using hand signals to ensure the proper depth
- Sets concrete structures (inlets, sanitary manholes, meter pits, etc.)
- Directs the Pipe Laborer on what tools are needed in the trench, the length of the pipe, and how to cut the pipe
- Assists the Pipe Supervisor with planning out the jobs by reviewing blue prints.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Requires 2-3 years of experience in pipe work.
- Familiarization with safety policies and procedures.