Brubacher is a site contractor serving the residential, industrial, commercial, utility and energy construction markets with an uncommonly refreshing approach to people, projects and solutions. At the heart of our company are hundreds of team members whose character, competence and consistency fulfill our mission of sharing insight, reducing stress and managing risk for our clients. Bring true value to your career – Join Brubacher today!
This position is responsible for assisting the Pipe Layer installing pipe for sanitary and storm sewers, gas utilities, and water mains. The laborer performs a wide variety of manual tasks, including:
- Using a shovel, digging iron, cut-off saw and tamper
- Jack hammering asphalt/concrete
- Positioning, cutting and fusing pipe
- Connecting various pipe pieces by glue, heat, or slip jointing
- Maintaining depth by checking the laser beam or grade stakes and communicating with the operator
- Cementing around pipes and inlets
- Communicating with the operator about the alignment of the pipe by using hand signals to ensure the proper depth
- Assisting other crew members by handing them tools and material
- Inspecting the pipe fittings to ensure it is defect free and clean
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience doing labor work is preferred; tasks can be learned on the job in a relatively short period of time.
- Familiarization with safety policies and procedures.
- No formal education required.