Smoot Lumber company was originally established in 1822 out of Alexandria, Virginia. Smoot Building Solutions has expanded with locations in both DC and Paradise, Pa. Combining our long history in the industry with current technological innovations we are able to provide an enhanced experience for our customers no others can match. Smoot offers one of the most extensive collections of in-stock mouldings in the marketplace in addition to the building materials our customers expect and professional services they rely on.
Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and paramount to our future. Our organization is fast-paced to meet the demands of our customers, while also being fun and rewarding with opportunities for growth. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Smoot Building Solutions team is Customer Focused, Associate Driven.
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervises and coordinates activities of respective area/ department with full accountability for results in terms of costs, methods, quality, quantity, operations and personnel.
1. Oversees all work activities of functional area.
2. Establishes work schedule and develops cost effective plan to meet store operation goals.
3. Schedules and coordinates deliveries and/ or pick-ups. Coordinates this schedule with sales and shipping departments.
4. Maintains equipment and machinery.
5. Works to ensure a safe work environment and encourages adherence to safety guidelines.
6. Prepares and verifies reports as applicable.
7. Supervises personnel and ensures adherence to department/ company policies and procedures.
8. Maintains discipline, fosters good employee relations and boost morale. Performs other normal supervisory duties.
9. Performs personnel management duties including training, hiring, terminating, initiating disciplinary actions, completing performance reviews, monitoring and making departmental wage recommendations.
10. Ensures excellent customer relations/ service.
11. Maintains inventory of respective area.
12. Monitors costs of assigned area.
13. Performs other related duties as necessary.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS: (Requirements to perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified)
1. Minimum education required—High School Diploma.
2. Minimum experience required— 1 year of experience performing lead worker or coordinator duties in a related work environment, i.e. warehouse, lumber yard, etc. Supervising workforce of up to 15 subordinates.
3. Special skills required—Ability to develop, promote and maintain good customer relations. Ability to maintain good housekeeping and safe working environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Special Knowledge required— Must have a good understanding of OSHA requirements. Ability to read delivery/ receivable tickets. Computer literate. Working knowledge of inventory purchasing and control.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.