- PA |
- Jobs |
- Manufacturing Supervisor
Auto req ID: 4553BR
Title: Manufacturing Supervisor
Job Function: Materials Management
State and City: Pennsylvania, York
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 3
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
Responsible for the day-to-day coordination and support of bargaining unit employees in rotation groups with team leaders in the manufacturing, assembly, fabrication, distribution and/or development of motorcycles or motorcycle component parts. Position is responsible to support rotation groups to achieve department metrics for safety, quality, delivery, cost, people, and sustainability. The supervisor is a key link in the help chain for the rotation groups and team leaders. Primary responsibility is to provide mentoring, resources, tools, and direction needed for the value adders to be as effective and efficient as possible. Majority of time is spent on shop floor.
* Provides a safe work environment per safety policies.
* Investigates and resolves any safety concerns.
* Provides feedback to the team members to ensure good quality throughout the group.
* Ensures standardized work and process discipline.
* Performs layered audits and prevents passing defects to the next group.
* Organizes and leads problem-solving efforts.
* Meets production schedules while executing manpower planning.
* Holds teams accountable to processes, systems, and results.
* Participates in scheduling and production planning.
* Accountable for meeting or exceeding business targets.
* Supports continuous improvement and strives to achieve cost effective results.
* Provides daily help chain responsibilities.
* Identifies and holds coaching opportunities; builds group competency.
* Interacts with employees, celebrates accomplishments, and attends group meetings.
* Provides direction to a department on a shift and administers disciplinary actions(s).
* Manages conflict resolution.
* Prepares the workforce for change.
* Supports plant’s energy and waste reduction initiatives.
* Ensures adherence to waste management policies.
* Completes personal development objectives and creates development objectives with team. This can be accomplished through on-the-job, social, and formal learning opportunities.
* Ensures commitment to the H-D Continuous Improvement System.
* Drives measureable improvements in safety, quality, delivery, cost, people and sustainability metrics.
* Acts as a change agent (e.g., process change, new machinery, etc.).
* Employee will interact with variety of stake holders via various communication mediums (written and/or verbal).
* Communicates and proactively works with union stewards to get their input.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or Manufacturing Technology. In lieu of the education requirement, an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience is accepted. The equivalent definition is 2 years of relevant experience for each full year of education required.
The successful candidate will have:
* Two (2) years direct supervisory or similar leadership experience in a unionized high-volume manufacturing environment.
* Prior knowledge and/or experience advising high performance work groups and jointly leading work groups with union leadership.
* Demonstrated performance in the areas of leadership, change management, and continuous improvement.
* Consistent and dependable in carrying out supervisor duties independently with little direction.
* Requires the ability to perform at a modeling level for all functions of the supervisor.
Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or clients; listen well.
Decision Making & Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues: able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh options.
Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintains confidences, and fosters an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
Planning, Prioritizing, & Goal Setting: Able to prepare for emerging customer needs; manage multiple projects; determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; use goals to guide actions and create detailed action plans; organize and schedule people and task.
Policies, Process, & Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices.
Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect material for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
Relationship Management: Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
Respecting Diversity: Able to adapt behavior to others styles; interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds; be of service to difficult people; optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
Tolerance of Ambiguity: Able to withhold actions or speech in the absence of important information; deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel: Required 0-10%