At PCA Corrugated & Display, LLC our associates have demonstrated their commitment to the customer and each other by working together to grow our organization into one of the best independent corrugated companies in the United States. For nearly 60 years we have been creating distinctive products, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting and preparing our teams.
If you would like to join an organization…
We encourage you to apply!
We are proud to offer our employees:
To serve as a utility position to fill in for any possible vacancies due to absenteeism, vacations, or increases in work volume. This will include working on any machine as well as driving forklifts when needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follows supervisor’s instructions.
• Follow operator’s instructions when assigned to a particular machine as support personnel.
• Understand and follow instructions on factory card.
• Follow all plant safety policies and practices.
• Maintain good attitude toward working on various machines in various job functions.
• When working on various machines, alert operators to non-conforming quality product.
• Cross-train on other machines.
• Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Lean Enterprise and Quality Data.
• Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
• Switch duties with first helper as necessary.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
• Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
• Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
2 months experience in the press and finishing department
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In order to be considered an applicant, you need to meet the requirements for this position and apply at your local job center.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of choice.
If you wish to apply and have a disability that does not enable you to use a computer or electronic media, you can obtain assistance by contacting your local job center.