- PA |
- Jobs |
- Manufacturing Engineer II - 3rd shift
Manufacturing Engineer II - 3rd shift
Auto req ID: 4862BR
Title: Manufacturing Engineer II - 3rd shift
Job Function: Manufacturing Operations
State and City: Pennsylvania, York
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 3
Our York Vehicle Operations plant is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II. Major responsibilities include:
- Enhancing component manufacturing by assuring that parts or assemblies are processed and tooled to meet optimum quality, quantity and cost requirements.
- Providing technical support to analyze and develop manufacturing control systems.
- Interface with Work Group Advisors/Process Leader, Work Groups, Quality and Product Engineering, and Manufacturing Support Services.
- Developing cost reduction programs through manufacturing efficiency improvements, schedule attainment, and first run capacity. Specific results include continuous improvement of safety, quality, cost, workflow, and on-time product delivery.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering. Education/Certification in welding technology required.
A minimum of three years related manufacturing experience. Welding experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated understanding and practical application of lean manufacturing techniques and SPC is required. Experience should also include three years of detailed process planning and manufacturing engineering activities. Responsible for technical/floor support for resolution of quality or process issues and improvements.
1. Detail process planning including work balancing, work standard development, operator and equipment utilization, ergonomics, PFMEA, quality controls, tooling, fixturing, and gauging
2. Process control and quality assurance, SPC, and process capability
3. Process documentation / information using CAD, Network/software, PC
4. ISO 9000 standards and their relationship to company policies, procedures and instructions
5. Experience with formal problem solving methodology required.
6. Demonstrated project management skills required.
7. Knowledge of PLC programming, troubleshooting capability preferred.
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%