Positions Information/Summary –The Maintenance Technician installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in facility for the production of all . Strong skills for hydraulics, millwright and electrical are preferred. Industrial electricians would be ideal as well
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Printing experience 2-5 years or industrial maintenance exp.
- Quick learners and very open to learning new things
- Good eye sight
- Must have current Driver License
- Small equipment and large equipment experience
- Industrial control experience
- setting up and calibrating press binder and auxiliary control systems
- installing electrical power circuits for power distribution
- wiring or re-wiring control circuits and documenting any changes
- reading and interpreting prints both electrical and mechanical
- change and or update schematics and prints as circuits are modified and performing other related duties.
- Some PLC skills and understanding
NOT REQUIRED BUT A MAJOR PLUS:
- repairing of complex control wiring circuits using schematics and PLC ladder diagrams
- modifying PLC programs saving and documenting changes
- transferring PLC programming to and from personal computers
- restoring programs to MMI’s (machine interfaces)
The qualified candidate should have very strong commercial and industrial electrical experience. A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in an industrial/production maintenance setting, and or post-secondary technical trade schooling are required. The qualified candidate should have abilities that include troubleshooting and repairs in the following fields: mechanical pneumatic, hydraulics, electronics, and a strong background in PLC controls and programming.