Working with the Victory Brewing Company team, the Maintenance Manager leads and manages the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of brewing process equipment and the facility including brewhouse, cellar, packaging, process refrigeration, and distribution equipment, HVAC, building lighting systems, grounds keeping, restaurant equipment, security and overall facility appearance. The position supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment and machinery.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work in order to optimize brewery up time.
- The maintenance manager is the first responder for equipment and building system problems. Ability to assess the situation and drive appropriate and timely responses are a key attribute of this position.
- Owns and is accountable for the performance all plant equipment.
- Coaches, counsels and manages performance of direct reports.
- Develops preventative maintenance programs for equipment and machinery and recommends pathways to improve equipment performance.
- Arranges and manages appropriate third-party vendor support as needed.
- Prepares budgets and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed
- Creates and enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Assist brewpubs with equipment repair, new equipment installation and general maintenance.
- Participation in daily activities to understand requirements and issues.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, corrosive chemicals, and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme outside weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds.
PositionType and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position is shared between multiple facilities and will require managing time according to priority.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelors' Degree in Engineering and/or Military or Trade School Training with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience as a maintenance supervisor in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in plant maintenance with knowledge of technical craft skills (electrical, plumbing, advanced mechanical, HVAC, and/or multi-stage refrigeration systems).
- Must be able to function in a team-based empowered culture
- Must possess the ability to work independently and effectively with peers, and display strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience in automation, PLCs (ProgrammableLogic Controller) and HMI's (Human Machine Interface)
- Ability to obtain bids, reviews contracts, negotiate business arrangements.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; climb ladders and similar physical activities.
- Proficiency in computer systems and applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), CMMS.
- Extensive industrial electrical experience involving utility systems, with a strong knowledge of air compressors, chillers, boilers, water systems, Building Automation Systems, waste water systems and HVAC systems.
- Must have experience documenting maintenance and repair activities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning, scheduling, and time management skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.