Join Victory Brewing Company and become part of a truly unique and progressive organization that values employees who exhibit enthusiasm, commitment and the desire to be part of a hard-working and determined team. As a company rooted in European tradition, and dedicated to American ingenuity, Victory Brewing Company looks to hire individuals who value quality above all else, yet are willing to take risks in order to reach the highest potential.
We are seeking an upbeat, forward-thinking Maintenance Manager to manage and assist in the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the facility equipment and machinery, including HVAC, building lighting systems, brewhouse, cellar, packaging, distribution equipment, grounds keeping, restaurant equipment, security and overall facility appearance. The position supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment and machinery.
1. Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product while optimizing brewery up time.
2. Coaches, counsels and manages performance of direct reports.
3. Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery.
4. Arranges for and manages appropriate third-party vendor support as needed.
5. Prepares budgets and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed
6. Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
7. Assist restaurant with equipment repair, new equipment installation and planning, and general maintenance.
- Manage the effective and compliant execution of multiple processes to include:
- Schedule adherence
- Equipment reliability
- Department records
- Employee training (Technical)
- Problem Solving
- Direct or participate in site projects, ensuring the maintenance of facilities and utilities are managed and compliant throughout the project.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers to partner on maintenance needs, capital projects and successful outcomes.
- Manage highly skilled Maintenance team including hiring, appraising and ensuring timely development of technical skills.
- Coordinate all maintenance labor, including contracting labor outside the department or site.
- Manage department budget including project, equipment and skilled resources.
- Escalate potential issues to site leadership in a timely and responsible manner.
- Ability to use electronic maintenance work order system to review work requests, identify required stock and non-stock materials, ensure availability, performs review of work orders to verify completion, and maintain equipment histories.
- Strong shop floor presence to collaborate and solve problems. This individual effectively coordinates mechanical and/or utility work to support brewery operations.
- Participation in daily activities to understand requirements and issues.
- Provide guidance to personnel to maximize production while meeting maintenance requirements.
- Coordination with venders to determine equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the procurement and installation of new equipment.
- Provide effective solutions to projects with a high level of technical difficulties and internal constraints.
- Identifies revisions, deletions, or additions to the calibration and maintenance programs to ensure that calibration and maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with established safety procedures.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering and/or Military or Trade School Training with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience as a maintenance supervisor in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in plant maintenance with knowledge of technical craft skills (electrical, plumbing, advanced mechanical, HVAC, and/or multi-stage refrigeration systems).
- Must be able to function in a team-based empowered culture
- Must possess the ability to work independently and effectively with peers, and display strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience in automation, PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller) and HMI’s (Human Machine Interface)
- Ability to obtain bids, reviews contracts, negotiate business arrangements.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; climb ladders and similar physical activities.
- Proficiency in computer systems and applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), CMMS.
- Extensive industrial electrical experience involving utility systems, with a strong knowledge of air compressors, chillers, boilers, water systems, Building Automation Systems, waste water systems and HVAC systems.
- Must have experience documenting maintenance and repair activities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning, scheduling, and time management skills.