A local production services company in Lancaster, PA has the immediate need of an experienced Mailing Operator for 1st shift. You must meet the following criteria for consideration.
The Mailing Operator is responsible for setting up and operating all inkjet and mailing devices according to specification on the job ticket as well as maintaining quality standards of jobs produced by these machines.
• Set up, operate, and trouble shoot all inkjet and tabbing equipment.
• Oversee inkjet quality, assuring bar codes meet postal specifications and image is clean and clear.
• Perform all postal sorting, traying, sacking, and palletizing of mail.
• Audit production output quality, investigate and initiate corrective action on substandard jobs.
• Perform data preparation and cleansing to ensure a clean mailing for customers and catch potential issues that could be costly to the customer or cause a rerun.
• Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of machinery as needed.
• Identify best mailing options to meet the needs of the customer and reduce costs where possible.
• Ensure recordkeeping requirements for jobs are met.
• Ensure that all finished products meet or exceed quality goals and are produced per the schedule.
• Make suggestions to the team lead and/or operations manager on process improvement opportunities and report any known equipment or process issues.
• Stay up to date on postal regulations.
• Ensure all orders are produced to order specifications while meeting delivery deadlines.
• Communicate effectively with the Mailing Team Lead, Operations Manager, the sales team, and the production team to help ensure sales objectives and customer objectives are met.
• Ensure safe operating conditions of all mailing machinery.
• Experience operating and maintaining mailing equipment.
• Capable of reading and understanding job ticket instructions
• Understands mail categories and classes. Understands drop shipment procedures, expedited services, international mailing, mailing permit applications, small equipment procurement and mail piece design.
• Proficient with computers and all applicable software.
• Has a thorough knowledge of postal regulations
• Good mathematical skills: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to read and use a ruler.
• Able to apply a variety of written instructions furnished in written or oral form; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedural manuals, and work orders.
• Strong interpersonal skills - team player.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Reliable attendance, punctuality and attention to work station.
• Ability to maintain quality in a fast-paced environment with numerous schedule and priority changes along with short notice activity.
This position requires frequent standing up to 8 hours or more per day. The employee must be able to lift between 25 and 40 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Pay Rate - $16-$18/hour Based on Experience
Shift- Monday-Friday 1st shift **Hours are flexible depending on candidate’s availability**
Interested or qualified candidates should submit a resume and/or contact information for consideration.