Wright Tree Service provides vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Safety is always our highest value. That focus is guided by our “Brother’s Keeper” pledge to keep both ourselves and others safe. We abide by the highest ethical standards, knowing our service is critical to utilities and their customers, and we work as a team to deliver creative solutions to our clients. Finally, we are proud of our family-founded history and have worked to retain those family values in our culture since becoming employee-owned in 2002. Wright Tree Service is currently seeking Line Clearance Groundmen to start in the Washington, PA area.
- Operate chainsaws to cut brush, logs, and stumps of larger trees. Work from the ground using gasoline powered chainsaws.
- Load and unload trucks with logs, stumps, brush and debris and/or feeds brush into a wood chipper. Will gather brush and carry to chipper area.
- Work around hazardous equipment.
- Work around excessive noise from machines, chainsaws, wood chipper and must wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Exposed to all temperatures and weather; will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- May work on rough terrain.
- Help enforce on-the-job safety practices for crew members.
- Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around the work area. Cooperate with customers, police, and fire departments when blocking streets or driveways. Set up barriers, warning signs, flags, etc. to protect employees as well as the public. Trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Apply herbicides and growth regulators to stumps and brush.
- Drive a truck with an attached brush chipper or other trailing unit such as trailer, etc.
- Keep work area picked up and orderly.
- Carry and lay out tools and equipment at work site.
- Service truck, chipper, and equipment; maintain them in a neat, clean, and specified mechanical order. Report the need for equipment and truck maintenance to Crew Foreman or General Foreman.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Must be able to wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times per day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work tasks such as rain, heat, sun, cold, snow.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others and represent Wright Tree Service in a professional manner.
- Possess the ability to lift, move, and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis and up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, storm work) and will be subject to call-out work.
- Ability to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Maintain a herbicide applicator or operators certification and license as required by Wright Tree Service and local, state, and federal law.
- Must have valid First-Aid and CPR cards.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Number of Hours
Number of Hours
BENDING AT WAIST
Lift/carry demands may be routine as follows:
OVER 100 LBS
- Paid Training
- Industry Leading Pay
- Excellent Benefits
- Ongoing Training & Credentialing
- 401k Savings
To apply, complete an application on our website through our careers tab. A pre-employment drug screen and valid driver's license is required. Wright Tree is an equal opportunity employer.