Don’t just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Lifestyle Assistant at Friendship Village of South Hills, a CCRC community located in Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania. The shift that we are currently seeking is part time three days a week. Two daylight shifts and one evening shift.
The Lifestyle Assistant is responsible for leading planned activity programming, encouraging participation and assisting in achieving resident engagement that fulfills wellness dimensions of sensory, social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and physical enrichment.
A few other details about the role:
- Orchestrate and lead therapeutic activities for resident participation in individual and group structures. Strengthen resident activity with assisting in development and coordination of programs. Motivate residents to participate in daily planned activities.
- Maintain accurate records of resident interaction and participation. Notate in resident record individual progress in designated activities.
- Establish one-on-one relationships with residents. Maintain daily one-on-one visitation schedule. Explore resident interests and conduct resident interest surveys as assigned.
- Coordinate the movement of residents to and from recreational areas to participate in scheduled programs including programs outside of the Community.
- Assist the director in planning, coordinating and implementing programs appropriate based on celebration or program topic.
- Assist in organizing resident group trips and outings
- Create and maintain the Monthly Event Calendar.
- Communicate programming information via various media methods to include weekly, monthly newsletter, in-house television channel, postings, mailing, electronic messaging, etc.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace , person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And here’s what you need to apply:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience preferred.
- Experience in recreational activities preferred.
- Possess a genuine appreciation of geriatric population.
- Ability to work with demanding residents in a calm and professional manner.
- Knowledgeable of computer functions and the ability to learn and use a variety of computerized activity programs.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, and implement events independently and in group involvement.
- Adeptness to listen and understand information presented by residents and management.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's tenth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
• Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
• Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
• Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
• Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, PA
• Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
• The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
• Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
• Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
• Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
• Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
• Village On The Green - Longwood, FL