About the role
The Insurance & Risk Management Administrator is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Risk Management plans including risk assessment, analysis, and tracking for compliance purposes.
What you'll be doing
- Works with the SHRM technical team to assist in the development, implementation and tracking of company regulatory compliance with various insurance, health, safety and environmental obligations and conformance requirements as promulgated by various regulatory agencies and/or internal policies and procedures.
- Maintains, review and manage internal database to support audit initiatives and provide routine reports for regulatory authorities, technical team, BBC/BBI senior leadership and Balfour Beatty Group.
- Collaborates as directed to work with vendors, insurers, consultants and BBC/BBI staff/departments to ensure proper coordination of resources and information to satisfy internal programmatic needs and external reporting requirements.
- Works in conjunction with technical team to develop, prepare, review, edit, publish and maintain Environmental Management Plans, Safety and Risk Management Policies.
- Assists in assessing the organizations environmental risks and help develop programs to mitigate risk and financial exposure.
- Reviews and maintains departmental Risk Registers.
- Prepares planning reports, materials for senior leadership.
- Participates in meetings, forums, seminars and related events to advance enterprise risk awareness and keep staff and leadership appropriately informed.
- Assists in preforming internal reviews and audits to report on risk, safety and environmental performance to internal and external clients, insurers, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders.
- Assists in the management of various training programs for the companywide implementation of policies and procedures.
- Tracks progress to ensure programs and performance and compliance meets established benchmarks and standards at all levels and on all sites.
- Provides support to drive various employee awareness and technical development initiatives that are mandated by various programmatic agreements across the BBC/BBI portfolio of current and upcoming development and construction projects.
Who we're looking for
- Associate's degree
- 3 years of administrative experience in a dedicated environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively.
- Self starter with ability to work autonomously.
- Detail Oriented with exceptional time management skills.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty Investments is proud to offer challenging and rewarding work in a variety of functional areas. As a company, we operate with safety and sustainability as our primary focus. Equally integral components of our culture are our values—Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, Respect—and our code of conduct. Living up to these commitments requires the fresh ideas, insights and talents of employees as diverse as the audiences we interact with every day.
We recruit across a number of core capabilities including business development, project finance, legal and commercial and accounting.
The success of our company is built on the efforts of our employees. We are committed to offering our employees a path to professional success through development, training and mentoring opportunities that cover a wide variety of skills and functional areas.
At Balfour Beatty Investments, our employees are our greatest asset and their well-being means a healthier, more productive workplace. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits and other flexible benefits.
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US, and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 15 years, Balfour Beatty Investments (formerly known as Balfour Beatty Capital) has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 60 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and US.
Increasingly, we have been diversifying beyond the traditional PPP sectors into new markets such as power, waste and student accommodation.