Insulated Metal Panel Superintendent
ColonialWebb, a Comfort Systems USA company, is seeking knowledgeable and career minded Superintendents for thermal insulation projects. As our Superintendent, you will coordinate and provide direction to field personnel at the job-site level, ensuring services are performed safely and in accordance with budget and quality objectives.
Typical projects include the construction of insulated metal panels and insulation of pipe and vessels for industrial refrigeration systems, commonly found in food distribution centers, cold storage, and food processing facilities.
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects, and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates.
- Majority of projects are located in the Harrisonburg and Shenandoah Valley, Virginia area.
- This position does require individuals who are willing to travel to other projects located throughout the East (TN, NC, SC, GA, VA, PA, etc.).
- Supervise and coordinate work activities for field personnel, ensure services provided meet quality standards and scheduling demands.
- Demonstrate a passion for safety, help your team understand that safety is the top priority as a result of teaching and coaching behaviors that will truly prevent injury.
- In collaboration with Construction Managers and Project Managers, establish labor and material requirements as well as evaluate work in progress to ensure insulation services performed meet scheduling, budget and quality standards.
- Cultivate lasting relationships with customers, work in collaboration with customers to ensure completed projects exceed expectations.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Current or previous leadership experience as a Superintendent or Foreman working on industrial or commercial insulation projects.
- Experience working with industrial refrigeration thermal products such as pipe and vessel insulation to insulated panel construction is preferred.
- Ability to interpret drawings and plans.
- Safety-minded and thorough knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Experience and demonstrated skills with Microsoft office and internet usage.
- Ability to utilize judgment to make decisions, independently.
- High energy level to handle dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload.
- Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
- Skillful listener, with excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive wages.
- Company vehicle.
- Company phone.
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
- Personal Leave, paid holidays, Bereavement Leave.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies.
How to apply:
Employment applications are accepted online at