Alyan Pump, a PumpMan Holdings company is a leading provider of custom pump packages, pump system installations, maintenance and repair services for the mid-Atlantic region of the US. During our 60 plus years in business, Alyan Pump has developed a complete line of pre-engineered packaged systems for condensate return systems, boiler feed units, constant speed pressure boosters, circulator pump sets, variable speed pumping packages, fuel oil modules, heat transfer systems, and specialty packaged pumping systems, as well as column and submersible sump and sewage packages.
Come and Grow with a Leader in the Industry… Alyan Pump has an exciting opportunity for Inside/Outside Counter Sales Position to join our team.
Alyan offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
- Work closely with and under the direction of the General Manager or his/her designee.
- Setting appointments and meeting with Targeted Customers to promote our services. Explain the company’s capabilities and establish relationships with key decision makers.
- Registering the company as an approved vendor with various entities.
- Sign up for and attend various Job Walks, Network with other attendees and companies within the industry.
- Assist and participate with exhibiting at various Association and Trade Show events within Philadelphia Pa. areas.
- Follow-up on various pending Proposals and service requests including Website inquiries. Work closely with Estimating and dispatch dept. to ensure Customer requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Convey to customers “life cycle costs” of pump system components with a perspective focused on new equipment and aftermarket opportunities
Basic knowledge and understanding of pumps, pump systems and building maintenance operations as related to Water & waste water pumping systems.
- Familiarity with commercial maintenance, construction specifications and bidding practices.
- Relevant industry experience and a successful track record are most highly valued.
- Strong customer service ethic, consistent with a high performing service company.
- Excellent organization, time management, presentation and communication skills (written and oral).
- Flexibility in dealing with simultaneous projects, issues and timelines.
- Basic understanding of electric and plumbing applications as well as knowledge of local building codes for various product applications.
- Competent computer skills to include Excel, Word, Power Point CRM & ERP systems.
- Punctual and attentive to Customers needs.
- sales: 4 years (Preferred)
- Outside Sales: 2 years (Preferred)