Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement.
Summary: Responsible for performing a variety of functions related to electrical controls, equipment, and wiring in an industrial plant or worksite. Their work may involve testing, troubleshooting, installation, and repair of the electrical components. In addition, they read and interpret blueprints and specifications, as well as remain current on electrical code specifications for the area. Responsible for the overall support of our nationwide projects, making sure our customers’ expectations are met or exceeded. The successful candidate will demonstrate a SAFETY-FIRST mentality and the discipline and focus to contribute with little direct supervision and/or guidance.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, and apparatus, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Work environment would include both plant and construction site locations.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, VFDs, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Test electrical systems from 480v 3ph to 12v and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, and voltmeters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Maintain current journeyman or master electrician's license, evidenced by identification card to meet governmental regulations. All work performed must meet the regulations of the National Electrical Code.
• Plan, layout, and install electrical wiring and equipment, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, and equipment.
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors. Understand the various electrical motor configurations including Star Delta, Wye Delta, and auto transformer systems.
• Perform duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
• Job requires some travel (30-40%) to job sites throughout the USA, to accomplish startup of projects and to repair breakdowns as needed. Typical duration would be one week or less per site depending on the complexity of the issue. Applicant would work as part of the Plant Department team based at Cuddy.
Education & Training:
• Minimum High School Diploma
• Construction Industry and heavy equipment Experience is preferred
• Experience working with low and medium voltage equipment
• Experience servicing electronic equipment would be a plus
• Experience working with all varieties of hand tools and select power tools
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to read and understand wiring schematics and blue prints. Prepare sketches or schematics of proposed changes or modifications.
• Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including ammeters, and test lamps.
• Work from ladders, scaffolds, and man lifts to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, and equipment.
• Ability to absorb and retain new information and techniques on a regular basis
• MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Reaching high and low, stooping, and bending continually
• Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds continually
• Able to travel per the company travel policy
• Able to concentrate at a high degree in a busy and noisy construction environment
• Able to work in all types of weather
• Rational decision making ability
• Attention to detail
• Makes final decisions and assumes accountability for them
• Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibility as needed
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Nicholson Construction encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Nicholson Construction participates in E-Verify.
Please be advised that all interested candidates are REQUIRED to attach a copy of your resume in order to be considered.