- PA |
- Jobs |
- Indirect Procurement Site Lead
Indirect Procurement Site Lead
Auto req ID: 4638BR
Title: Indirect Procurement Site Lead
Job Function: Materials Management
State and City: Pennsylvania, York
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
The role of the Indirect Procurement (IP) site lead is to oversee the end-to-end execution of the IP process for any activities at the designated site. Oversee the day-to-day supplier management activities for goods and services at their assigned facility. Responsible for IP procure-to-pay activities at the site through the life cycle of the process. Serve as the strategic lead in North America for designated categories of MRO, facilities, or Material Handling Equipment (MHE). Execute service agreements, project management, supplier implementations and supplier management. Lead sourcing activities as site representative as required for support of facility services.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders to support site operations through sound purchasing principles.
- Perform lead activities for designated IP owned sub-categories including: MRO, Facilities, and Logistics.
- Create strategies to support business requirements across sites.
- Support site initiatives following the IP Policy working with stakeholders including risk management, contracting, procure-to-pay, etc…
- Commercial ownership for day-to-day service issues of the supply base.
- Work with designated suppliers & Integrated Suppliers to strategically build sourcing projects that create value through CI initiatives, savings, quality, and safety.
- May serve as IP representative on assigned Best Practice Circle meetings to facilitate business relationships and business requirements.
- Supervise local IP team, including H-D employee as well as Integrated Suppliers.
- Escalation point for site operational or supplier issues.
- Able to strategically prepare for emerging customer needs and how to resolve those needs appropriately.
- Determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way while communicating the escalation to the stakeholders.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree. CPSM or CSM is desired but not required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years with a preference of at least 5 years of experience in manufacturing operations, manufacturing engineering, or procurement.
In addition they will have demonstrated the following:
- A strong background in the procurement of indirect goods and/or services.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing and maintenance processes.
- Working knowledge of best practices in procurement, with well-established management skills.
- The ability to multi-task on projects of various priority levels.
- Communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures.
- Process Alignment and Gap Analysis
- Understanding Service Agreements
- Strong focus of Strategic vision and alignment.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
Travel: Required 0-10%