- PA |
- Jobs |
- Indirect Procurement Analyst
Indirect Procurement Analyst
Auto req ID: 4779BR
Title: Indirect Procurement Analyst
Job Function: Materials Management
State and City: Pennsylvania, York
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
The Indirect Procurement Analyst position is responsible for developing and managing Indirect Procurement goods and professional services – category / sourcing strategies, RFQ Process, supplier selection, contract negotiation and supplier performance management. This position is part of our Capital Equipment group and will support Advanced Manufacturing’s strategies and Manufacturing Engineering’s implementation of production equipment for Machining, Fabrication, Paint and Assembly.
- Deliver bottom line savings through best practice procedures, project management and commercial negotiations
- Build and maintain strong supplier relationships based on clear expectations open communication
- Professional, clear and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders via various communication mediums (written and/or verbal)
- Ability to assess risk and proactively mitigate, manage and escalate appropriately.
- Understands and able to manage to the key dates and milestones within a project.
- Continuously improve and/or implement best-in-class supply chain management processes
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in procurement, materials management, supply chain, business administration, or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated performance in technical competencies of procurement. engineering, finance, and/or operations
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to build long-term stakeholder relationships; able to develop rapport with others recognizing their concerns
- Ability to effectively lead through indirect influence
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (creation and maintenance of databases).
- Experience in production or procurement of components and subsystems within a manufacturing environment
- Leading strategic supplier meetings
- Exposure to an international supply base
- Exposure to statistical operator control (SOC), just-in-time (JIT) manufacturing, cost management tools, continuous improvement (CI) tools and spreadsheet software
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%