This is one of the best times to join the growing team at Tragar! We are currently celebrating are 60th year in the oil delivery and HVAC industry on Long Island, and our team is excited for the future. As a family owned company, we offer our employees a unique environment to work in. Employee growth is an important aspect of a successful career at Tragar. As we aim to deliver an unparalleled service experience to our customers, we also aim to have an exceptional staff to deliver it. Please consider applying!
We currently have an opening for an HVAC Service Technician to join our team! This position is in Wantagh, NY and it pays $30+ per hour!!
We offer our technicians careers that grow with the changing industry. Training is provided and encouraged as we service and install oil, gas, a/c and more. In addition to competitive hourly scale, a unique commission program allows each technician the opportunity to design their own work schedule and increase their net worth daily.
- A very competitive benefits package after 90 days of employment.
- Matched 401K
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- Commission opportunities are available for A/C, OIL and GAS service performed
- Relocation assistance may be available for out-of-town applicants
- Complete all general HVAC in-home, service calls.
- Know how to establish customer rapport to sell the right products and services.
- Ask the right lifestyle questions to troubleshoot heating and cooling system malfunctions.
- Educate and assist customers in choosing the best finance options and maintenance plans.
- Explain replacement opportunities for aging, inefficient or underperforming systems.
- Understand your sales criteria and hold yourself accountable for exceeding revenue goals.
- Act professional and knowledgeable in order to win new referrals and repeat business.
- Work along side customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
- Maintain a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings, trade shows and retreats.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure quick, accurate repairs and installations.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Own professional set of tools.
- Licensed with knowledge of local HVAC codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Minimum of four years experience including hands on training required.
- Knowledge in oil burner repair and trouble shooting