Commercial HVAC/R Service Technicians will work with numerous types of equipment to maintain, diagnose and correct HVAC/R system problems. This includes replacing parts and adjusting system controls for better performance by using special tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on heating, cooling, humidification & de-humidification equipment.
- Diagnose problems with all types of equipment & systems, recommending and performing the necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations.
- Understanding and troubleshooting knowledge of the following:
- Air Handlers
- Split System and Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners
- VAV Systems
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Freezers/ Refrigerators/ Ice Machines
- Heat Pumps
- Water Pumps
- Controls & Low Voltage Systems
- Electrical repairs & replacements
- Must be self-sufficient and able to perform the Job Duties.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to park, and provide security for, a company service vehicle on your property.
- Minimum 5 years of experience specific to the Commercial or Industrial HVAC industry.
- Stable & consistent work history.
- Universal EPA Certified.
- Outgoing, professional, clean cut, ambitious, and drug-free.
- Comfortable working on equipment rated from 5,000btu to 100 tons powered by gas, electric, oil or geothermal.
- Able to work Monday through Friday working 8 hours per day 40 hours per week.
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation being available to work nights & weekends.
- Knowledge of the operating principles and characteristics of the various types of refrigeration, pneumatic & DDC control systems.
- Knowledge of basic electricity systems.
- Ability to apply the theory, technique, principles, and processes of the HVAC mechanic's trade.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Ability to bend, reach, stand, lift and move heavy objects.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Advanced electrical knowledge.
- Advanced controls knowledge.
- Experience in system Installations
- Experience with plumbing systems