HVAC/R Service Coordinator
Commercial HVAC/R Service coordinator will coordinate the field activities of the service division. This would include answering the telephone, speaking with the customer to determine whether the call requires immediate attention. Schedule all field personnel for seasonal preventive maintenance contracts, service repairs & replacements.
- Schedule & create work orders for preventative maintenance.
- Schedule & create work orders for service repairs & replacements.
- Dispatch technicians to emergency service calls.
- Review & process work orders and purchase orders.
- Procure parts for scheduled repairs.
- Track down parts for emergency repairs.
- Provide estimated costs for repairs when requested by the customer.
- Review field generated paperwork and prepare for invoicing by the administrator.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Must be self-sufficient and able to perform the Job Duties.
- Must have experience specific to the Commercial or Industrial HVAC industry.
- Outgoing, professional, ambitious, and drug-free.
- Comfortable discussing equipment with the customer.
- Able to work Monday through Friday 8 hours per day 40 hours per week.
- Able to coordinate an on-call rotation for nights & weekends.
- Understand the basic functions of the following:
- Air Handlers
- Split System A/C heat pumps and Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners
- VAV Systems
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Freezers/ Refrigerators/ Ice Machines
- Water Pumps
- Water heaters
Additional Skills Desired:
- Field experience in service & repairs of HVAC equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Basic knowledge of low voltage controls & building automation systems.