The Operations Manager is responsible to manage all aspects and functions of assigned HVAC installation project(s). Key performance objectives are:
1. Plan, coordinate and direct the overall activities of the Production Department and maintain a work force consistent with business activity.
2. Communicate job information to proper personnel to allow for effective planning and execution of the project requirements.
3. Manage and develop employees to create a positive work environment necessary to build a cohesive team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops a high performing team. Provides sufficient knowledge, skills, training, and information to achieve peak performance, continuous improvement, and a positive, productive work environment consistent with company goals and objectives.
• Completes employee reviews and sets goals/expectations for employee progression. Makes recommendations for workforce planning by hiring when needed. Provides disciplinary action up-to and including terminations.
• Invests time with Sales/Production manager on a weekly basis to identify current and future workload, man power needs/issues and current job status.
• Receives and reviews project specifications; plans projects with Sales Representative and Lead Field Installer.
• Communicates job status and changes with customers, subcontractors in a clear and professional manner.
• Follows up with installers to ensure plans are properly followed and the best crews are assigned to each job.
• Communicates and schedules the scope of work to installers; orders and ensures materials/equipment are delivered on time.
• Attends job site meetings to ensure on-time job/project completion and reports any changes.
• Receives and processes job change orders and informs appropriate parties of changes.
• Immediately addresses and troubleshoots issues that arise during the installation process. Provides installers with assistance and additional equipment and materials as required.
• Follows defined installation procedures for HVAC equipment according to company instructions/policy, applicable building codes, and manufacturer installation instructions.
• Manages labor hours, materials, equipment
• Facilitates employee safety and ensures procedures are properly being followed striving with a goal of no accidents per calendar year.
• Maintains, reviews and stays abreast of latest industry equipment, knowledge and requirements.