Johnstone Supply Company is a nationally-recognized and locally-owned HVAC/R wholesale distribution company with over 380 stores and five regional distribution centers. For over 60 years, our vision has been to become our customers’ preferred wholesaler by exceeding expectations through quality service, added value and caring employees.
We are sales-oriented company actively seeking an energetic, engaging, knowledgeable, detail-oriented, and dedicated individual to join our Middle Bucks County team as a Counter Sales and Customer Service Associate!
The Counter Sales and Customer Service Associate will develop customer relationships over the phone, over the counter, and may also visit customer offices and job sites. Initially the main focus of the position is counter sales and quoting and sales of equipment as well as assisting with basic parts and equipment queries for the residential and commercial sectors of the market. If you have what it takes, this role could shift towards an outside sales position in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counter sales.
- Act as liaison between outside sales representatives and assist with research, price checking and order placing.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and greet customers who walk in the store.
- May serve as initial point of contact for new customers and sales activities.
- Assist customers in making product selections; assist with system or product troubleshooting; and answer technical questions.
- Develop good working relationships and rapport with customers.
- Provide a high level of customer service and technical support to HVAC/R contractors and industrial personnel both in person and on the phone.
- Maintain knowledge of new and existing products and inventory.
- Have a full knowledge of our equipment product lines and be able to correctly size and matchup jobs as well as troubleshoot service issues.
- Maintain knowledge of HVAC/R fundamentals and product lines (features, function, use and benefits of Johnstone products, vendors carried and their respective lines); stay informed of new products; and utilize opportunities to further educate self, co-workers and customers.
- Identify customer product needs and coordinate execution of orders.
- Determine replacement HVAC/R parts, according to inspection or verbal/description of the old part, and customer requirements.
- Provide customer product and service needs by performing such tasks as finding products using computer, catalog, telephone or other reference sources. Includes researching and sourcing product for customers using a variety of tools, including point-of-sale computer system, catalogs, web-based tools and industry contacts.
- Assist contractors in design and layout of HVAC/R systems; including but not limited to recommendations of equipment, providing submittal information, and other manufacturers’ literature and resources.
- Use manufacturer-provided software for producing project layouts, submittal information, price quotes, etc. Conduct on-site customer visits with new and existing customers at the discretion of outside sales and management.
- Recommend and order both catalog-listed and unlisted products for customers; recognize products most commonly purchased by customers; resolve commonly-encountered technical problems; respond to incoming sales calls; make outgoing customer sales or service calls; and address customer complaints.
- Take responsibility of after-hours (on call) shifts when assigned.
- Enter sales orders into point-of-sale computer system for invoicing or cash payments.
- Complete and process all transactions and necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Process customer transactions by entering quotes and sales orders; process warranties; and create credit memos.
- Ensure customers are provided competitive pricing for all jobs, sometimes involving coordination with the purchasing department for vendor negotiations.
- Partner with customers, vendors, the counter sales and accounting to resolve customer service issues, complaints, and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
- Share market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization while establishing relationships and working partnerships.
- Ensure desired level of profitability is obtained by: consistently following the pricing structure established for the company; achieve sales targets; and follow established sales processes. Coordinate pricing with management.
- Recommend and order both catalog listed and unlisted products for customers; recognize products most commonly purchased by customers; resolve commonly-encountered technical problems; respond to incoming sales calls; make outgoing customer sales or service calls; and address customer complaints.
- Recognize and identify HVAC/R parts and equipment to fulfill customer needs and answer related customer questions.
- Ensure desired level of profitability is obtained by: consistently following the pricing structure established for the store; achieving sales targets; and following established sales process.
- Increase customer satisfaction and store profitability by proactively recommending additional items a customer might need and promotions that might interest the customer.
- Promote surplus, sale, discounted and obsolete inventory to maintain proper inventory levels.
- Communicate unexpected increases or decreases in demand to purchasing and/or management.
- Participate in both staff and customer training for new and existing product lines.
- Seek out opportunities to improve store performance and work with management to realize those improvements.
- Assigned other duties as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma / GED required OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years pro-active inside sales experience.
- Broad residential and light commercial HVAC sales experience at the distributor level strongly preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented, yet able to work with the team.
- Must have a sales and customer service personality with history of results.
- Must be able to learn moderately technical material quickly.
* Looking for experienced candidates but will consider candidates from similar distribution/wholesale industries.
- Friendly and Professional Working Environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Health Insurance Coverage
- Matched SIMPLE IRA
- Paid Travel
- Employee Training and Development