HR Systems and Operations Manager
This role is ideal for a candidate that loves to problem solve complex scenarios, drive process improvement, has a passion for data accuracy and will champion excellence in service delivery while collaborating to maximize continuity and performance. As the HR Systems and Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to build infrastructure and execute processes that are efficient, effective and consistent. This individual will serve as the HRIS guru creating reports and taking large amounts of data and turning in to something that tells a story. Also, leading various projects that are system and data intensive. play a critical role in ensuring our HR department runs smoothly, business needs are supported, and the overall administration of our people data is of the highest quality standards.
- Develops, recommends and implements plans for continued process improvements to support business strategies and operational needs.
- Leads and implements projects and activities for human resources focused on process re-engineering, efficiency optimization and innovation through enabling technology. Ensure a continuous focus on timeliness, data accuracy, efficiency, effectiveness, process documentation, customer service, and quality.
- Collaborates with the Benefits, Payroll, HR Managers, IT and Finance teams in development of integrated systems strategies, tactical approaches, and timelines that deliver high impact solutions to the field managers and employees.
- Actively participate as a working manager on addressing inquiries or requests with the HR System and processes. Serves as the technical point-of-contact for HR data management and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Ensure the integrity of the employee data entered in the HR system and establish process to identify data integrity issues. Develops and manages the data entry processes surrounding employee data and position control. Drive high quality analytics and HR reporting to enable business decisions
- Own creation, documentation and management of end to end employee lifecycle HR processes including new hire processing, on-boarding and integration, exits, maintenance of Employee Records, and provide HR programs/projects support. Develop/implement clear, standard HR operating procedures with clear KPIs
- Acts as the lead resource for all HR integration activities related to HR Operations in conjunction with M&A.
- Focuses on continuous improvement efforts to identify efficiencies and continue to streamline processes, while ensuring data accuracy and minimization of errors. Establishes metrics, analyzes data, and identifies trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Manages administration and maintenance of data in coordination with applicable federal/state/local compliance. Responsible for document management and organization that meets all internal and external/regulatory requirements.
- Promotes team development through staff meetings, education, performance appraisals and identification of mutual goals to enhance continued professional growth.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements & Special Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 8 years experience with HRIS/HR Operations with 3 years supervisory experience.
- Experience with medium to large size HRIS (Peoplesoft preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong working knowledge of problem solving, root cause analysis, and associated solution implementation.
- Proficient in advanced techniques of MS Excel and/or MS Access. (i.e. Pivot tables, lookup functions and advanced charting functions). Ability to set up and maintain databases; including designing and writing reports.
- Strong knowledge/experience in HR strategies, operations, policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Ability to quickly learn and synthesize new technologies with existing technologies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Possess strong attention to detail, administrative and organizational skills with the ability to take initiative to complete assignments and job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization. Comfort managing up and across the organization, with strong credibility and the ability to influence leaders and teams; excellent collaboration and skills
- Able to maintain a positive professional manner while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, deadlines and timelines with constant follow-up.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Must possess effective influencing, conflict management and resolution skills
- Patience, a great sense of humor with a low ego, and the strong desire to do innovative things