H2 Enterprises is looking for an Estimator to join the team in Canonsburg, PA. H2 Enterprises is built on strong family values and a commitment to our great land. We take pride in being efficient, doing the job right, and providing the best value to our clients, all while maintaining our culture of health, safety and environmental awareness. What was started by a farming family in Northern Colorado, has grown into one of the largest seeding and reclamation operations in the United States. H2 Enterprises has reclaimed nearly 1 Million acres of Right Of Way (ROW) to date. To accomplish our goals, we have designed and custom-built a fleet of equipment capable of handling all terrain and job tasks.
- Perform quantity take offs, reading of plans and specifications, and entering information into spreadsheets or construction estimating software.
- Request/analyze subcontractor and material quotes.
- Create Proposals using MS Excel and other Microsoft office products.
- Select vendors or subcontractors and determining cost effectiveness.
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, preparing bids.
- Manage all bid communication including change orders and revisions.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Review, compare and reconcile contracts to ensure that they conform to our bids and prepare them for review.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings to inform the Project Manager about project status and transfer vital information.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure resources and specialty items are ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain bid, change order, and project management logs.
- Review subcontracts and change orders produced by Project Management and ensure they are executed in a timely fashion.
- Discussions with clients regarding review and explanation of project costs, extras and change orders.
- Periodic travel to job sites when required.
- Work closely with various vendors and suppliers in sourcing products and materials
- Utilize Dropbox, and various FTP sites, receive and log client-initiated request for proposals (RFP’s) and other pertinent project information for potential bid/estimating opportunities.
- Must be able to create for review Requests for information (RFI’s), Submittals, Shop drawings, and Plan distribution.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Must have thorough business knowledge of the construction industry as it relates to new build
- Effective presentation, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Must be a strategic thinker, able to multi-task with strong problem resolution capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Construction related field (preferred)
- Estimating: 5 years (preferred)
- Construction: 10 years (preferred)
- Project Management: 2 years (preferred)
- Competitive Salary
- Group Health, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life
- 401k with Company Match
- PTO and Holidays