Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For”. We are dedicated to solving challenges and helping our clients achieve their vision. For more information, visit .
We are currently seeking a GIS Manager to work closely on site with one of our clients in Harrisburg, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Supervise a team of staff, including programmers, technicians, analysts and vendors
- Manage budgets and project costs
- Consult clients to ascertain project purpose, needs and information required
- Negotiate contracts as directed by management
- Evaluate the functionality of Geospatial systems and products
- Work effectively with internal staff, external stakeholders, vendors, and senior management as needed to successfully administer GIS
- Provide project leadership and fosters a collaborative team environment
- Maintain a solid understanding and demonstrated expertise in current technologies, system and process development methods
- Keep up to date with new technologies and investigate / evaluate new GIS applications.
- Demonstrate strong technical and analytical skills in a geospatial environment
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Must have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS (or related field) and 5+ years of progressive experience in GIS.
- Must have some technical project management experience, preferably in a GIS Management role
- Communicates effectively with all levels of internal and external project stakeholders
- Ability to positively influence others toward successful GIS program outcomes
- Excellent organizational, analytical and planning skills to manage multiple projects, people, priorities and deadlines.
- Self-directed with an ability to organize and prioritize workload to align with strict timelines.
- Experience preparing and delivering reports, recommendations, or alternatives.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders that have a variety of different skill sets and personalities, including technical, business, and management staff.
- The ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical customers
- The ability to prepare and present complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to know and apply GIS/Information Technology performance measures and evaluation processes.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.