Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
CGL Facility Maintenance, LLC is a private firm providing comprehensive contract facility maintenance services to commercial clients. The General Trades Technician will be responsible for both preventive and corrective general maintenance work and minimal installations with our client. This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, but requires on-call availability for certain emergency situations.
- Perform preventive and some corrective preventative maintenance services to existing HVAC equipment corresponding to work orders generated from a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Complete all documentation of work performed in compliance with the CMMS data collection process.
- Install, repair, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, engines, pumps, belts, fans, air handling units, VAV and fan powered boxes.
- Maintain the safe operation of systems including electronic/pneumatic environmental controls, oil/gas fired water tube boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as various types of pumps, de-aerating tanks, air compressor blowers, etc.
- Examine environmental control and stationary systems to diagnose problems using proper inspection/testing and monitoring techniques while exhibiting safe and proper use of tools.
- Must be able to quickly become familiar with the design and layout of the facilities; to learn the locations of installed environmental control and monitoring systems / equipment; and understand operating procedures relating to environmental controls.
- Performs all general maintenance work in accordance with established safety procedures and according to the standards of CGL Facility Management, OSHA, and our clients.
- Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
- May escort subcontractors during completion of their work at the site.
- May perform other preventive and corrective general maintenance tasks as directed by CGL Facility Maintenance Management.
- Must maintain a clean and safe workplace while and after performing maintenance tasks.
Other Candidate Requirements
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Must be able to read blueprints and as-built drawings.
- Must have a minimum of five years of commercial HVAC experience.
- Must be a team player, have strong work ethic, positive attitude, and desire to succeed while representing our firm with the best possible service to our clients.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive criminal background checks.
- Must be computer literate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift, push, pull, or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee is expected to be at the work place as assigned Monday through Friday at a shift defined by the Facility Manager, for eight hours of work time per day and a minimum of 40 work hours per week. Occasional overtime may be required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CGL Facility Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.